Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Round About-1.

In my days... I was really brave
Now almost 80 and life has made me a slave
Would like to see my little princess just once before I go into the grave
Thought would never do it again but the rebels are at a gain
Sarah is not with me…this fact is aggravating my pain

I am a Russian who was born in Krakow
Never thought would deal in Topolov and Kalashnikov
For me it was business as usual…just arms dealing
But the wounds…even time said they are deep too for healing

I was amongst red in the war torn USSR
Though we won but forgot Stalin was our new Czar
We won everything…had all the land still there was no harmony
Swear by the creed…Money was my only need
I deceived the values from my family I received
But I was a Father too and to this fact; I had to pay the heed
So I decided to sell arms…it was the need that sowed the seed

I was amongst the richest within a few years
Earned so much…that richness and lavishness wiped all the tears
Seemed I had world at my feet…I conquered all the fears
Kremlin became my second home…Generals, Politicians, Diplomats were all so dears
I was so sure that one day I would raise a toast and make God to say cheers!  

But…………….

2 comments:

  1. I am not a person too much into History and Geography and countries.. but I still liked what you had written..

    My fav lines.. "But the wounds…even time said they are deep too for healing"

    Looking favorite to read the second part.. :)

    Megha.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Anupam !
    i really liked your poem ..had heard a lot frm megha abt the grt rhyming scheme u hav ..n aftr reading this i'd definitely back her point.
    my favourite line was .."it was the need that sowed the seed" what an amazing way to put the thought !
    i have got one tiny suggestion too ..in the 3rd stanza, 1st line.. since u're mentionin about the Red Army, you could hav put 'R' of 'red' in caps as it would make the implication more comprehensible.

    me too lukin forwrd for the next part ..
    regards
    i_duft

    ReplyDelete