Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Poet: Crime and Confession-I

I was called the “Darling of Media”

Autographed, photographed..used to send fans in hysteria….

Printed, clicked but in a few seconds it all flipped.

Climbed ladder’o’success so high…seen above the God but then I just slipped…


Time has stopped…it laughs and tease…

I had the antidote but could not get rid of this disease

Oh..it was so lustrous…that it locked my mind and I lost the keys..

Pen is dead....ink is freeze(d)...I want to say so much...so fast I start to wheeze...

But then I have been asked to write…I know it’s time. It’s time to write


Poverty used to burn my soul.

I enjoyed the feast of dreams in an empty bowl..

Time made me cry, I felt so cursed…

not water but tears used to suffice the thirst..


I came from an ordinary family and fell in love with my sweet girl Emily.

We used to study together in Coed, she used to call me Mr. Poet

She was my only ray of hope who rescued me from darkness that used to grope

She asked me to live the desire before it gets expire and not to let the bad fortune conspire

And without being practical, I waited for the miracle..

It finally happened, got my chance..it finally ended my penance.


To the ground I tied a few balloons, now I cut the thread n have them marooned...and

Suddenly too much became nothing as I aspired for everything

Aspirations grew too bold, I failed to refrain couldn’t hold

Started digging the mud too deep in anticipation of striking the gold

Soon I realized that early success comes with pitfall(s)

Fish in this glitzy lake of razzmatazz is about get trawl(ed)

I tried, explained her ……………..but

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Higgins is puzzled about what Andrew has to say next.

    ReplyDelete