Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Great Depression.

Drove fast my Buick…was late so, had to be really quick

It was the black Tuesday, luck tripped…and I was given a pink slip

My heart stopped beating… I was filled with aggression

Before I could act…someone told ….world is under Pandemic of the Great Depression.



Andrew’s photo next to the window…reminds me he is dead and I am a war widow

With nothing left now, just 2 children…I decided to move to my homeland Britain.

Life is miserable…it’s such a pain…with no money; we cannot even board a plane.

This life is very constrained…my agony peaks when I think I need to start all over again.



Everyday I give an interview (but Fails)…..only to seek chances that are very few

I really want to move forward….but the wretched time is acting like a statue

They say everything will be alright…they day dream and their thought is so untrue

My loneliness kills me every second….there is no one to abuse…with whom should I argue... Do you have a clue?

I think of getting married again…I am still pretty, I can get a nice man but no one could be Andrew.



Bad fortune would chase me to the grave

Devil of depression rules the world and I feel like a slave

But I will fight back and I won’t hide in any cave

My Children are proud of their mother…they say she is really brave



What future holds for me? This thought is costing me dear

I am thoughtless…pillows get wet every night…my misery accompany them with lot of tears

My will keeps me afloat...it says….you won’t sink there should be no fear

I would do everything in my ability…I must win…my thought is crystal clear.



I swear to my children…I will chase away this bad Omen.

I cannot accept defeat…I am egoistic and a strong woman.

Would work hard all day…all night…in every season.

Would even plough rock…doesn’t matter if it’s barren

I wish to see my roses (Children) blossom…God will you help?

I want turn this desert into a Garden.

3 comments:

  1. Biblography:-

    The lines above talk about subject's thoughts during the Great Depression.
    She is trying to describe her loneliness and at the same time she shows she is strong willed.

    Buick~ A car. American Car Makers.

    Black Tuesday~ 29th October,1929. The Economic
    Depression began this day.

    Andrew~ Subject's deceased husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I miss this one,

    It is with great detail you have captured the dilemma of a widow..who tries not to give up and keeps her head high. I pray to god, that may no women on this planet has to go through this turmoil..really, I hope the sailing becomes smooth.. Anupam, I can't believe a guy has written all this! :) ... Well portrayed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Megha.

    Its one of my Favourite.Be at any position/time a woman struggle and fight really hard to keep her children safe and well.

    My subject is really strong and she is doing everything for her children that too without her husband.

    My Fav Lines:-

    " really want to move forward….but the wretched time is acting like a statue" and

    "What future holds for me? This thought is costing me dear


    I am thoughtless…pillows get wet every night…my misery accompany them with lot of tears"

    I really like them.

    ReplyDelete